|McCormick Hall, the Princeton University Art Museum.|
|The original Princeton art collection occupied the faculty lounge located in the university's first Princeton campus edifice, Nassau Hall.|
|One of the first museums designed and built specifically |
for the housing and display of art. (The building was
demolished in 1963 to make way for the present-day museum).
|Having grown prodigiously during the early 20th century, it's not surprising that the Princeton University Art Museum now sprawls|
over some pretty significant acreage (outlined in red above).
|The Steerage, photo by Alfred |
Stieglitz, part of the university's
20th-century art collection.
|Works by European painters from all eras.|
|High above the University Art Museum entrance|
are Circus Acrobats, a 1981 sculpture by George Segal.
Princeton University Art MuseumSeventy Years Ago,
1877, Thomas Eakins